08/09/2015

Women in itself is powerful to do what is right for her and to the society says Suman Sethi ,proprietor of DEE ESS ENTERPRISES


1) Please introduce about yourself.
   
        I am Suman Sethi, The proprietor of DEE ESS ENTERPRISES situated in Dehradun.
After my husband passed away in 2010, I started this firm when everyone was against my decision.We started manufacturing sleeping bags, laptop bags, rucksack, knapsack and all army and college bags. I started with two people and today we have a workforce of 10 people. My family comprises of me and my daughter. My daughter is a Game Developer working in a reputed company in Dehradun itself as well she helps me in all the company matters. I single handedly managed her studies as well as my business functioning.

2) What is the motivation behind starting your venture?
        
        After the mishap there was no one to take our responsibility and who can fulfill our basics needs.
So some day I discovered that my husband was thinking of starting this business and he also collected machines as well as raw materials. What motivated me the most was to make my daughter professionally educated and independent.

3) Please provide information regarding the products/services you offer to world and state how are they beneficial for us. 

    We have workers from backward area giving them employment and benefits I am capable of providing them. We manufacture sleeping bags,rucksack and all army bags with the best quality for their comfort and for easy carrying.

4). What are the startup challenges? 

     As I was only a 12th grade pass women so I didn't know about who-what-how of the business. But my daughter's motivation and help was a boon. I started meeting the clients with whom my husband was in contact with. Learnt from them of how the manufacturing is done and all the workers supported me by giving their day-night to the work.In the first year of manufacturing I suffered a great loss. But gradually I expanded my knowledge and explored in the market for profit.

5). Were there any challenges being a woman entrepreneur?
     
      Being a women, I had a whole burden on my shoulder to execute things forward.From being a house-wife to now , I have to go through family pressure and also the society that this business is not for females and I won't be able to cope up with the new technologies , machines as well as manufacturing terminologies. With my daughter who on every step supported as well as guidance made me who I am. Business is not so difficult if we get right person at the right time.Many times,through clients and people who meant more than just business.But taking my dignity and confidence I made my way through.

6) How her family reacted on starting a business? 
    
     My family was at first denying to start this as they were not confident on me.My brother said that you don't have to do business we will be there to support you.These thing and matters cannot be handled by a women.What will other people say? were the words. But I had made my mind that it's a do or die situation and anyhow I have to take it forward.

7) What are the future plans ? 
   
    My future plans are providing quality services to army cantonments and helping other backward workers, so as to train them in bag making skills and giving employment to both men and women. Also my daughter has joined hands ,so we will be launching our online store to serve people all around India and maybe overseas.

8) Any other information you want to share to world.
  

    I would want to quote that , Women in itself is powerful to do what is right for her and to the society.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yes!!! she really deserve respect....salute to her...

      Delete
  2. maam you and your daughter are going a great work....RR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really a great achiever. Hats off!! to u mam and ur daughter.
    “Define success in your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” — Anne Sweeney

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really motivating..... Wish You and Family all the success in Life..... Way to go

    ReplyDelete